“Virginia Lloyd is the real deal. I found her advice clear, incisive and generous. It was obviously informed by deep understanding both of the writing journey, of its personal costs and rewards, and of the pragmatic realities of the publishing industry. I strongly recommend her services.” ~ Michael Richards
Author strategy session
The Author Strategy Session has three steps:
1. One week before our confidential Zoom meeting, you will send me your agent query letter and synopsis, along with information on which agents or publishers you’ve already queried (if any).
2. I’ll provide some high-level written comments and suggestions in response. (This is not a detailed line edit.)
3. During our 45-minute Zoom we will discuss your questions about the process of finding an agent and my feedback.
- You will benefit from talking through some of the strategic industry issues that affect your book project with an experienced industry professional.
- You will have greater insight into how a prospect agent might view your submissions materials.
- You will feel more confident about your next steps.
- You have the constructive support of a published author and former literary agent to discuss the process of querying literary agents.
- Purchasing the Author Strategy Session does not and cannot guarantee that you will get a literary agent or publisher for your work.
- This package does not include any editorial work on your manuscript.
- The timing of the Zoom meeting is flexible but must take place within 30 days of the purchase date of the session, unless by prior agreement.
- There are no refunds.
This package includes
- My reading of your agent query letter and synopsis
- My high-level written notes on your query letter and synopsis
- 1 x 45 min Zoom